xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSLT streaming: the processor "remembers" things as it descends the XML tree?

2013-11-22 10:00:07
On 22/11/2013, Wendell Piez <wapiez(_at_)wendellpiez(_dot_)com> wrote:
I am not a computer scientist, so I am talking through my hat.

[snip]

Moreover, philosophically I'm somewhat opposed to designing XML for
streaming or for any particular process or processing paradigm.

Applause. XML (or any other data representation) should be designed so that
it represents data's structure. Processing methods are secondary. If your data
structure isn't suitable for a certain processing method, tinker with the method
before you throw a sound data design over board.

But make sure to use XML well. For example, blindly repeating elements where
an IDREF would do is an anti-pattern.

-W