xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Efficient way to do an identity transform, eliminating duplicate elements, in XSLT 1.0?

2013-12-13 13:51:03
Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> writes:

[…]

I want the identity transform to remove duplicate elements in
<First> and remove duplicate elements in <Second>.

[…]

My new home PC I bought in May has 32GB RAM.

It seems obvious that paying $2000 for a decent computer

        It may quickly get off-topic, but I don’t seem to recall paying
        over $500 at once for computer hardware, or owning a single box
        that would cost as much at the time of appraisal — and that’s in
        some 20 years of owning “the micros.”

        (That being said, my former employer had bought some computers
        at well above that price.)

is so much cheaper than paying programmers (myself included) to
invent tricks — at least for this kind of problems.

        As for the problem stated, I’d start with a SAX parser for a
        J. Random Language (be it Prolog, Perl, Basic, or Common Lisp),
        and proceed from there.  It may depend on how the “duplicates”
        are defined, but I see nothing in the problem to make it
        unsolvable on “not-so-decent” hardware.

--
FSF associate member #7257