xsl-list

[xsl] Verifying large XSL transform output

2014-02-11 09:36:52
I have a question about verifying XSL transform output.  I'm moving somewhat
large XML docs --digital books-- from one format into another (archival)
format, with lots of pulling and pushing.  The source format is,
euphemistically speaking, 'interesting', and not the kind of thing you'd
necessarily want to emulate: lots of too-loose content models granting multiple
structural variations for the same intellectual object; much cross-document
referencing via PIs, etc.  The transform scripts are large.  I know my results
are valid in the new format; I'm now trying to confirm that I'm capturing all
the content.  I've done analysis of ID's from source to output.  I have
contemplated ways of counting text nodes, or text string length, as another
possible approach.  I'd love some feedback from the list on metrics others have
tried and what seems to work best.  Thanks in advance.

m./