xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Place continued when table cell breaks across pages

2014-02-23 10:17:54
Ken,

Is there no way of adding 'continued' to a block if it breaks over pages
(excluding table headers and footers altogether)?

So in my case, I'm using axf:repeat-cell-content-at-break="true" on a
table-cell whose content that I want repeated when the content of a table-row
breaks over pages. I'd like to add 'continued' to that cell when it breaks onto
the following page. Currently I'm trying to use regular markers and basically
do not understand the language used to define the properties of
@retrieve-position. I use markers quite a bit but not to do this and this
should be simple to do.

Mario

-----Original Message-----
From: G. Ken Holman [mailto:g(_dot_)ken(_dot_)holman(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com] On
Behalf Of G. Ken Holman
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2014 12:45 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com;
xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Place continued when table cell breaks across pages

At 2014-02-20 07:59 -0800, Mario Madunic wrote:
Been trying to make heads or tails regarding markers in a table.

I think what you are missing is that table markers can only be retrieved in
table headers and footers.

   http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xsl11-20061205/#fo_retrieve-table-marker
   "An fo:retrieve-table-marker is only permitted as the descendant of an
    fo:table-header or fo:table-footer or as a child of fo:table in a
    position where fo:table-header or fo:table-footer is permitted."

The requirement I have is to place continued underneath the contents of
the first table cell if the row breaks over pages. This would be within
the table body and not the part of the table header or table footer.

Why not the footer?  Do you already have something there?  If not, then a
border-less footer would look like continued cell content.

I hope this helps.

--
Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL & code list classes: Melbourne, AU May 2014 | Contact
us for world-wide XML consulting and instructor-led training | Free 5-hour

Google+ profile:      http://plus.google.com/+GKenHolman-Crane/about |
Legal business disclaimers:    http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal |