xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Civil Discourse Required on XSL-List

2014-03-27 05:04:41
+1..

Simply start new threads for philosophical debates.. ;)

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Michael Kay [mailto:mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com]
Verzonden: maandag 24 maart 2014 18:30
Aan: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Onderwerp: Re: [xsl] Civil Discourse Required on XSL-List

I think one of the ways in which we behaved badly recently was that a
visitor
(Heiko Niemann) asked a perfectly reasonable "how do I do X" question, and
we collectively hijacked the thread and used it for a discussion about the
design of the language and the philosophy of language design, a discussion
in which the originator apparently showed no interest and which indeed did
not do much to help in answering his question. Of course, this happens;
conversations take unpredictable turns, but I think we should take a
little bit
more responsibility to be inclusive of the person who started the
conversation.

Michael Kay
Saxonica

--~--