xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Things that make you go Hmmmm!

2014-03-29 08:24:48

What does xsl:value-of a null string do? Should I prevent it. (You
must have missed that one yesterday).

There is no such thing in the XDM data model as "a null string". If we're going
to discuss language semantics, let's try and be precise.

I can think of at least three possible meanings of "a null string" in other
languages: a variable of type string that has no value, a zero-length string,
and a string containing the single character NUL (ascii x00).

Michael Kay
Saxonica