xsl-list

Re: [xsl] When to use conditional constructions?

2014-03-30 15:22:30
Brian,

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 12:11 PM, Brian Chrisman
<brchrisman(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
I guess this is a question for DN then... is there a good way to mix
identity-based transforms with imports?  I guess the identity always
has to be at the bottom of the xsl:import priority list?  Or are these
types of design fundamentally incompatible?

If one pays attention to have the identity rule in a separate
stylesheet module, and always imports that stylesheet module first
from any importing module, this should work as intended.

I've been thinking a lot more about the style DN expresses in his
pluralsight course relating to imports and that "hybrid declarative/OO
design".

I almost never have had to use in my real work <xsl:apply-imports> or
its better XSLT 2 counterpart <xsl:next-match>, therefore my style has
almost nothing of an OO style. However, I still can explain these and
provide adequate examples of their use :)

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev