xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Questions on the Functions and Operators 3.0 recommendation

2014-05-18 16:34:34

On 17 May 2014, at 19:49, Dimitre Novatchev dnovatchev(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com

I just started reading this document and am impressed by the
systematic approach to defining the functions, their clear grouping
and the uniform way of defining each function.

I was also impressed by the mere number of functions -- counted 224 functions.

Because there are so many functions specified, it is not immediately
obvious which functions are new in this specification and which have
been transferred from the 2.0 specification.

The diff version of the spec should help in identifying changes:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/REC-xpath-functions-30-20140408/xpath-functions-30-diff.html

though it doesn't immediately point you to the functions that are brand new.

Michael Kay
Saxonica