xsl-list

[xsl] [ann] oXygen XML Editor 16 adds XSLT quick fixes support

2014-05-20 08:18:07
Hi all,

I am happy to announce that a new version of oXygen XML editor is available from our website
http://www.oxygenxml.com

In the new version we introduce quick fixes support implementing this for XSLT. We hope to increase your productivity by automating some usual tasks, for example declaring a variable if a variable reference is found without a declaration.
Here it is a short video that shows how quick fixes work:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/demo/XSLT_Quick_Fix_Support.html

We improved also the XSLT refactoring support, now there is a new action that allows you to move an XSLT component to another stylesheet and you can also select an XPath fragment and extract that as a variable or parameter, as you can see in this screenshot:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/img/wn_16_xsl_refactor_large.png

Saxon was updated the latest version, 9.5.1.5. Also, in oXygen 16 we support working with XSLT stylesheets designed for Saxon CE by recognizing the Saxon CE namespace and providing content completion and validation for the Saxon CE specific extensions.

The XPath evaluation tool from the toolbar and the XPath Builder view were updated to allow selecting a scope for the XPath execution to allow you to easily execute an XPath expression on a set of files, without the need to use the collection function. Predefined scopes include the project files, all open files, current selection from the Project panel but you can also define your own working set. Here it is a screenshot showing the scope selection from the XPath tool from the toolbar:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/img/wn_16_xpath_large.png

There are many other new additions but the ones described above are the most relevant for XSLT development. You can find the complete release notes for oXygen XML Editor version 16 at:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/whatisnew16.0.html

Best Regards,
George
--