xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSLT Unit Testing and Coverage

2014-05-28 14:38:45
On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 7:57 PM, Vasudev Kandhadai
vasu(_dot_)kandhadai(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com

Dear All,
is there a good reason to deploy a XSLT unit testing framework?

No.

I have never seen any serious XSLT dev env where the XSLT unit testing was
either done religiously, or considered mandatory.  Other than a very
religious Java development team with strict Junit set up with Maven etc,
who have adopted XSLT into their dev env, who would now want to extend the
same ideologies to the XSLT world?  I have personally never used or
utilized practically any XSLT unit testing framework in any project and nor
was there any requirement to do so...

Why is Java a valid reference point. It's a completely different language.