xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Parse a date - exslt:parse-date in Saxon 6

2014-06-12 13:13:48
Kerry, Richard richard(_dot_)kerry(_at_)atos(_dot_)net wrote:

I can see that a suitable parser function (parse-date) is defined in
Exslt but it isn't clear whether it is already available to me or how to
get it into use if not.  Actually according to the exslt documentation
it is definitely not available in any XSLT processor but there
are JavaScript and Msxsl implementations available.

Can someone advise how I can get this to work ?

Can I get Saxon 6 to call a JavaScript function ?

As far as I know there is no way with Saxon 6 to use Javascript to implement extension functions.