xsl-list

Re: [xsl] What implementations of XPath 3.0 exist at present?

2014-07-12 02:37:03
Reported results for the XQuery/XPath 3.0 test suite can be found here:

http://dev.w3.org/2011/QT3-test-suite/ReportingResults/

Of course, not all implementors choose to submit their results (Altova never
does, for example), and some implementors may have progressed since these
reports were produced.

Now that XPath 3.0 and XQuery 3.0 have reached recommendation status, the next
major Saxon release (9.6) will include full support for the basic conformance
level of both specs in the open source HE product. (Note that the basic
conformance level excludes higher order functions.)

Michael Kay
Saxonica
mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com
+44 (0118) 946 5893

On 12 Jul 2014, at 05:27, Dimitre Novatchev dnovatchev(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com

I am trying to get a more or less exact number of the currently
existing implementations of XPath 3.0.

The ones I am aware of are:

Saxon 9 (XSLT 3.0 and XQuery 3.0)

Mark Logic (XQuery 3.0, ??XSLT 3.0??)

BaseX  (XQuery 3.0, ??XSLT 3.0??)

Zorba ???

ExistDb ???

other ???

Which of these implementations are commercial and which have free
and/or open source versions? I know that BaseX is open source, what
about the rest of the existing XPath 3.0 implementations?

Could you, please, help in filling up this list -- I believe that such
information would be interesting and useful for all of us.

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev