xsl-list

[xsl] ImportError when importing etree from lxml

2014-07-14 14:51:26
Hello,

I am trying to run the python module lxml (in order to run python-docx).  I
can import lxml okay, but whenever I try to import etree from lxml, I get
an ImportError:

ImportError: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libxslt.so.1: symbol xmlBufUse,
version   LIBXML2_2.9.0 not defined in file libxml2.so.2 with link time
reference

Here is my configuration information:
- Python 2.7.6 running with Enthought Canopy.
- Ubuntu 14.04 on VMWare Worstation 10.
- lxml 3.3.5
- libxml2 2.9.1+dfsg1-3ubuntu4
- libxslt1 1.1.28-2build1

It seems that the xslt library is calling for version 2.9.0 of libxml2, but
I'm not sure why, because it appears that 2.9.1 has been out for a while.
I also cannot tell for sure whether this is a problem with lxml, libxslt,
or libxml2.  I posted to the lxml list, and they didn't have any solutions,
so I am now trying xslt.

Any guidance or suggestions would be appreciated!  Thank you!

Thanks,
Scott