xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Sorting a TEI <biblStruct> bibliography by <surname>

2014-07-21 22:46:44
Wendell Piez wrote:

I would do sort/@select="descendant::surname[1]"

Two reasons:

1. More legible and direct

2. Accounts for all surname descendants including biblStruct/surname
(although that shouldn't happen), not just those at lower levels.

Indeed, that works well, thanks. In fact, I had started off trying something like this at the outset, but I guess I didn't have it completely right, because it wasn't working. It is certainly easier to understand.

Chuck

A. Charles Muller

Graduate School of Humanities and Sociology
Faculty of Letters
University of Tokyo
7-3-1 Hongō, Bunkyō-ku
Tokyo 113-8654, Japan