xsl-list

Re: [xsl] adopting xepr tags and concept in to xsl, xQuery, and XForms

2014-07-29 10:40:56
Thanks for the resource. To give more a structure familiarity programming view.
Making it it's on language, but also as a implantation language to be use in
either xml language that provide functionalities.

Plus I'm interested in Xqib( xQuery in the broswer), and furthering it as a
programming language:

http://www.xqib.org/

http://archive.xmlprague.cz/2011/presentations/xqib.pdf

https://websci.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/teaching/ws201112/xmldb/sheets/xqib-documentation.pdf

http://cs.brown.edu/~kraskat/pub/www09-xqib.pdf

 I have more resource if this struck your interest.

All in all, I just feel this would be a great add on.

E-S4L

On Jul 29, 2014, at 6:45 AM, "Abel Braaksma (Exselt)
abel(_at_)exselt(_dot_)net"

Have a look at open-eXtend, the only project I could find that implemented
XTND, and had an intention to also implement XEPR. However, it looks like it
is not very active anymore, with the codebase being from 2004, I couldn't
readily find out how far they have gotten.

Apparently, XEPR should be considered as a meta-language, as briefly
explained here: http://www.stylusstudio.com/xmldev/200102/post60610.html. But
I do not know enough (if anything) of it to understand its width or depth or
how it compares to existing XML-based languages.

It was sent in as a Note and has been considered by the W3C, see
http://www.w3.org/Submission/2000/10/Comment. Apparently, even though it was
considered, I can't find any reference whether any of its features or
findings have made it into existing specs. In the archives of the public and
some non-public mailing lists from W3C I could find little to no references
to it.

I'm curious why you think that, after 14 years (the W3C Note, not from W3C
themselves, is from October 2000), it would (still, again?) make sense to
consider it for already very mature languages such as XSLT or XForms.

Cheers,

Abel Braaksma
Exselt XSLT 3.0 streaming processor
http://exselt.net