xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Merging common tags of 2 xml files

2014-08-06 07:24:40
varun bhatnagar varun292006(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com wrote:

But I am sorry this is not the root element. There are few more elements
above this one and if I do this then the whole xml is getting written twice.
Is there anything else I can do?

Yes, assuming you know a pattern to identify the parent element of the elements to merge then change

       <xsl:template match="/*">
         <xsl:copy>
           <xsl:apply-templates select="@* , $doc2/*/node(), node()"/>

         </xsl:copy>
       </xsl:template>

to e.g.

  <xsl:template match="/root/foo/config">
    <xsl:copy>
      <xsl:apply-templates select="@* , $doc2/root/foo/config, node()"/>
    </xsl:copy>
  </xsl:template>

or for instance, as long as "config" suffices to identify the parent element of the elements you want to merge it should suffice to use

  <xsl:template match="config">
    <xsl:copy>
      <xsl:apply-templates select="@* , $doc2//config, node()"/>
    </xsl:copy>