xsl-list

Re: [xsl] How to output the start execution time and the end execution time?

2014-09-06 14:06:48

But I am not 100% sure it will get rid of all possible optimizations. I.e.,
when the processor sees the fn:doc calls, it might try to pre-process them
while at the same time already doing template processing. I don't think any
processor optimizes so strongly, but that may be just a matter of time.

Saxon has a switch to control whether calls to doc() or document() with a
statically-known URI should be pre-evaluated at compile time; but the default
is false, because accessing documents that change over time is rather common.

Michael Kay
Saxonica