xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Datatype of a node

2014-09-10 22:09:19

On Sep 10, 2014, at 12:24 PM, Michael Kay mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com

This is only marginally on-topic for this list. I think the list covers
XPath, and XSD assertions use XPath, so let's see if Tommie lets us get away
with it.

How much XSLT can you write without XPath? (Oooops, I probably shouldn’t have
asked that in this company. Someone will come up with some brilliant XPath-less
XSLT.)

However, in general, I think XPath is so closely related to XSLT that it must
be in scope for XSL-List.  And other uses of XPath are stretching a little, but
seem reasonable. (If the volume gets to be overwhelming we may need to limit
it, but for now, this is close enough.)

— Tommie

B. Tommie Usdin
mailto:btusdin(_at_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com