xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Can xsl:iterate be used in stream-processing?

2014-09-17 06:49:34
I did this:

      <xsl:variable name="title" select="." />

when I should have done this:

      <xsl:variable name="title" select="copy-of(.)" />

Upon doing so, my XSLT program works great.

Indeed. The rule is, binding a variable to a streamed node is not allowed. Of
my "Ten rules of streaming", it is rule number 5, "You cannot store a reference
to a node", see the 2014 proceedings of XML Prague
(http://www.xmlprague.cz/archive/), page 50 ;).

Which reminds me, I promised to create an update of the rules in the paper when
the rules change, I should get started with that.

Cheers,

Abel Braaksma
Exselt, a streaming XSLT 3.0 processor
http://exselt.net