xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Unit Testing

2014-09-20 04:25:40
Are you familiar with XSpec?

We had an interesting discussion the topic of testing at the XML Summer School
yesterday. Personally I prefer to test at the level of a complete stylesheet,
rather than trying to test individual templates and functions. My main reason
for this is that it leaves you more freedom for refactoring: if I change the
way a stylesheet is implemented without changing its external effect, I don't
want to have to rewrite lots of tests.

Michael Kay
Saxonica
mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com
+44 (0) 118 946 5893

On 19 Sep 2014, at 15:19, Bertrand Lefort blefort(_at_)uottawa(_dot_)ca

Hello,

I am wondering how to make unit testing with xslt 2. I am using saxon with
ant.

I think I understand how I can do boolean test with xslt functions, but I do
not see how I can test templates and how I can communicate the information
back to ant. Is it possible ? Is there alternate way of doing this ?

I would like to make my project more robust and test it against multiple OS
and multiple scenarios at once.

Regards

Bertrand