xsl-list

[xsl] problem with xsl:fork example

2014-10-09 12:24:13

The first example in http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt-30/#splitting-examples uses no schema as far as I can tell but then tries a comparison with the operators 'lt' and 'ge' of an attribute node value with an xs:integer:

transactions/transaction[@value lt 0]
transactions/transaction[@value ge 0]

That generates warnings "Comparison of xs:untypedAtomic? to xs:integer will fail unless the first operand is empty" with Saxon 9.6 EE so I think the comparisons need to be written as

transactions/transaction[number(@value) lt 0]
transactions/transaction[number(@value) ge 0]

or

transactions/transaction[xs:decimal(@value) lt 0]
transactions/transaction[xs:decimal(@value) ge 0]

to work as intended or the operators '<' and '>' need to be used.