xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Looking for "real-world" XML documents

2014-10-14 11:53:45
To all who replied on and off - list:  Thank you.

Wow this quick response is amazing.

Thank you, Tommie, Elliot, Ihe.

I definitely will have interesting hours of looking into these -- no
more uncertainty what I'd be doing these days :)

Cheers,
Dimitre

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 9:46 AM, Eliot Kimber ekimber(_at_)contrext(_dot_)com
Also, the DITA for Publishers project's User Guide is available in its
DITA source form:

https://github.com/dita4publishers/dita4publishers

It's a non-trivial and realistic technical manual in DITA format. The D4P
project also includes many DITA sample documents, some quite large.

And of course, the DocBook documentation is all in DocBook.

Cheers,

Eliot
—————
Eliot Kimber, Owner
Contrext, LLC
http://contrext.com

On 10/14/14, 11:27 AM, "Eliot Kimber ekimber(_at_)contrext(_dot_)com"

The U.S. Pubmed database provides gigabytes of NLM/JATS XML. Certainly
real world.

The U.S. Dept. of State publishes XML versions (TEI) of the Foreign
Relations of the United States, available through a GitHub project:

https://github.com/HistoryAtState/frus

Cheers,

E.
—————
Eliot Kimber, Owner
Contrext, LLC
http://contrext.com

On 10/14/14, 10:49 AM, "Dimitre Novatchev dnovatchev(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com"

Folks,
Do you have any particular examples of XML documents that reflect
real-world objects/situations? In SQL they use the AdventureWorks
database, but it is huge.

What I am looking for is one or more documents that are not too-big
and can be used for solving non-trivial problems and demonstrating
XSLT ad/or XPath features. I remember seeing long ago in the xsl-list
such documents that reflect:

- a set of books, articles and authors, and an article can have more
than one author.

- results of a football league

- purchase order and invoices and set of products with prices and
discounts, ... etc.

But I cannot find these... :(

I would greatly appreciate it if you can point me to such interesting
XML documents.