xsl-list

Re: [xsl] How do I determine which XSL version and XPath version I have?

2014-10-21 08:17:47
Hi Catherine,

As far as I know, the xsltproc tool chain is all XSLT 1.0/XPath 1.0, with
some (all?) extension functions via libexslt.

I don't know if you're able to request additional packages or ports on your
Unix system, but Dr. Kay has open sourced two different XSLT 2.0 processors
[1]. They require Java, but they might simplify your processing.

I hope that's helpful.
Best,
Bridger

[1] Saxon-HE: http://saxon.sourceforge.net/#F9.4HE and Saxon-B:
http://saxon.sourceforge.net/ (scroll down the page).

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 9:07 AM, Catherine Wilbur
cwilbur(_at_)uwindsor(_dot_)ca <
xsl-list-service(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com> wrote:

The systems person installed the following xsltproc version on our unix
box then forwarded me the xsltproc version description below.

How do I find out what version of xsl I have loaded and what version of
XPath I have?

Just starting to work on an xslt procedure to convert a complex XML file
and extract some of the data into a CSV file for upload into Oracle DB
Loader.

xsltproc will give you the details on the compiled version as follows:

xsltproc -version
Using libxml 20901, libxslt 10128 and libexslt 817
xsltproc was compiled against libxml 20632, libxslt 10128 and libexslt 817
libxslt 10128 was compiled against libxml 20632
libexslt 817 was compiled against libxml 20632

other than that I can tell you the installed version is: libxslt-1.1.28-2

I have no idea what XPath is but you are running on libxml2-2.9.1-1 and
from a quick internet search I believe it it a built in part of that library

email <>)