xsl-list

Re: [xsl] How to get XSL style sheet to ignore a setting in an XML file

2014-11-04 14:51:50
If you add the offending namespace specification from your XML file to your
XSL file (instead of removing it from the XML), it will likely effect what
you want.  In the XML document, it is binding the default namespace to  "
http://com/exlibris/repository/acq/invoice/xmlbeans";.  If you make the
stylesheet aware of that, it will likely work as intended.

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 3:22 PM, Catherine Wilbur cwilbur(_at_)uwindsor(_dot_)ca
<
xsl-list-service(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com> wrote:

*First line of my XML file has the following information in it.*

<payment_data xmlns="http://com/exlibris/repository/acq/invoice/xmlbeans";
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";>

*Style sheet will not process the xsl conversion logic until I remove the
following from the the above line in my XML file*
         xmlns="http://com/exlibris/repository/acq/invoice/xmlbeans";

*This is logic at very top of my style sheet*

<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"
        xmlns:fn="http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-functions";
        xmlns:xdt="http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-datatypes";
        xmlns:err="http://www.w3.org/2005/xqt-errors";
        exclude-result-prefixes="xs xdt err fn"

        <xsl:output method="text" indent="no"/>

1)  How do I ask the style sheet to ignore the "xmlns="?
2)  Is there a way to remove it if it is in there?
3)  Might be able to ask company to remove it?

As soon as I copy the XML to new file name and remove that section of code
then the file gets converted by the style sheet.

Has anyone encountered this problem before?
email <>)

--
 - michael dykman
 - mdykman(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com