xsl-list

Re: [xsl] What PC Windows editor are People using for XSL stylesheet coding

2014-11-07 13:37:42
On Fri, Nov 07, 2014 at 06:45:13PM -0000, Michael Kay
mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com
scripsit:
I don't know the half of the capabilities of the tool, I am sure
there are good reasons why it is the gold standard and in fact this
observation is not about oxygen specifically. But what I am saying
is that without  debugging facilities these stylesheet monstrosities
could never be created and (one would like to think) their creators
may weel be be forced into better software engineering practices.

On the contrary, I frequently work with stylesheet monstrosities
created without any help from such tools.

Amen.

I hardly ever use the debugger; by the time I really want it, things
seem to be at a point where the debugger takes hours and hours to run.

oXygen is still immensely useful because oXygen knows what a node is.

(Well, lots of other reasons, but XML without a node-aware editor is
unnecessary pain and suffering.)

-- Graydon