xsl-list

Re: [xsl] line breaks showing up with method="html"

2015-02-10 08:04:32
If you use indent="yes" and method="html" then the serializer is allowed to
insert whitespace anywhere that would not affect the rendered output in the
browser.

(Perhaps this is a little outdated, since it rather assumes the absence of
Javascript code in the browser that might be accessing the DOM programatically).

In Saxon you can effectively suppress the line wrapping by setting
saxon:line-length to a very large value.

Michael Kay
Saxonica
mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com
+44 (0) 118 946 5893

On 10 Feb 2015, at 13:59, David Rudel fwqhgads(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com

I'm processing an XML document with text nodes that I need to put into
a csv file that will later be used to create an html page.

I'm using xsl:result-document with method="html" so I catch html
entity references.

Unfortunately, I'm finding line-breaks showing up in the output that
do not correspond to any end-of-line character in the text nodes for
the input file. These end-of-line characters do not show up when I
switch to method="text" .

Is there a rule about method="html" that attempts to break lines into
chunks <100 characters each?

-David

--

"A false conclusion, once arrived at and widely accepted is not
dislodged easily, and the less it is understood, the more tenaciously