xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Increasing sequence ?

2015-03-25 21:42:12
On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 11:51 AM, Wolfgang Laun
wolfgang(_dot_)laun(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com
<xsl-list-service(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
wrote:
not($seq[2])  or $seq[1] lt $seq[2]  and  increasing(subsequence($seq, 2))

It would appear that this makes -1,0,2,1 an ascending sequence. I dislike
this "empty-is-false trick" - once in a while you get bitten.

count($seq) &lt; 2 or ...

Yes, good to remind that we are dealing with items -- not just nodes.

count($seq) &lt; 2 or ...

No, the idea is to avoid count, as this may add the time for one
unnecessary pass over the sequence. And the solution can be adjusted
naturally:

  <xsl:function name="my:increasing" as="xs:boolean">
    <xsl:param name="pSeq" as="item()*"/>

    <xsl:sequence select=
      "empty($pSeq[2])
      or
       $pSeq[1] lt $pSeq[2]  and  my:increasing(subsequence($pSeq, 2))"/>
  </xsl:function>

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev