xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Sorting things on two levels

2015-04-14 11:17:58
-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Honnen martin(_dot_)honnen(_at_)gmx(_dot_)de
[mailto:xsl-list-service(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2015 12:11 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Sorting things on two levels

Looks like grouping and sorting to me. Do you use XSLT 1.0 or 2.0?

I'll be running the transform using the latest version of Oxygen, so it looks
like either would be fine.  From the Oxygen Help file:

"Oxygen XML Editor comes with the following XSLT processors:

Xalan 2.7.1 - Xalan-Java is an XSLT processor for transforming XML documents
into HTML, text, or other XML document types. It implements XSL Transformations
(XSLT) Version 1.0 and XML Path Language (XPath) Version 1.0.

Saxon 6.5.5 - Saxon 6.5.5 is an XSLT processor, which implements the Version
1.0 XSLT and XPath with a number of powerful extensions. This version of Saxon
also includes many of the new features that were first defined in the XSLT 1.1
working draft, but for conformance and portability reasons these are not
available if the stylesheet header specifies version="1.0".

Saxon 9.5.0.1 Home Edition (HE), Professional Edition (PE) - Saxon-HE/PE
implements the basic conformance level for XSLT 2.0 / 3.0 and XQuery 1.0. The
term basic XSLT 2.0 / 3.0 processor is defined in the draft XSLT 2.0 / 3.0
specifications: it is a conformance level that requires support for all
features of the language other than those that involve schema processing. The
HE product remains open source, but removes some of the more advanced features
that were present in Saxon-PE.

Saxon 9.5.0.1 Enterprise Edition (EE) - Saxon EE is the schema-aware edition of
Saxon and it is one of the built-in processors of Oxygen XML Editor. Saxon EE
includes an XML Schema processor, and schema-aware XSLT, XQuery, and XPath
processors."

I'd be interested to know how to do it both ways, though, just for my own
edification :)