xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Does Saxon support XPath 3.1?

2015-07-04 13:09:30
Dmitriy, have you looked at EXSELT? That has XSLT 3.0 support.

On 4 July 2015 at 17:39, Dimitre Novatchev dnovatchev(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com
Hi Florent,

you might be interested by the page
http://w3.org/community/expath/wiki/Engines#Comparison.  It might be a bit
outdated now, the only XPath 3.1 it shows is eXist, but I am sure at least
BaseX supports it as well, as you said.

Thank you for this link.

I believe that what would be most useful, is the data whether and to
what extent a different implementation implements a given W3C
specification.

Reading this page I was immediately interested in QuiXTools, which is
said to implement XSLT 3.0. However, on its project page:
https://project.inria.fr/quix-tool-suite/quixslt/ , one can read that:

"Which fragment of XSLT is currently supported by QuiXSLT?

Syntactically, QuiXSLTfollows the official XSLT W3C Recommendation
(even though it does not implement the full standard) . The current
version of QuiXSLT supports the following elements:

named templates,
template rules,
instructions call-template, apply-templates, if, choice, for-each,
copy, copy-of,
dynamic content creation instructions: attribute, value-of…

Templates can be called with any number of parameters."

So, no specific, new XSLT 3.0 feature is mentioned at all.

For any specific implementation It would be valuable to have data
whether or not it implements the full set of features and if not, what
features are not implemented. Ultimately, the % of pass/fail for the
available W3C test suits. A link to a user-reviews page would be
useful.

Cheers,
Dimitre

On Sat, Jul 4, 2015 at 5:40 AM, Florent Georges