xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Using 'collection'

2015-08-29 04:04:34
Mark Wilson pubs(_at_)knihtisk(_dot_)org wrote:
Clearly I do not know what I am doing or am misunderstanding what
Michael's XSLT 2.0 book is saying. can anyone help?

I have to extract information from a collection of 8000 individual xml
files. It has been a couple of years since I have used xslt, so while
not a novice, I am very rusty.  Where 'docs' is a sub-directory of the
directory 'British Library' where my xslt is located and contains a set
of files of the format *.xml, I wrote this xslt 2.0 stylesheet:

   <xsl:template match="/">
       <xsl:variable name="library" select="collection('docs/*.xml')"/>

   </xsl:template>

and got the error in Oxygen:
System ID: P:\British Library\read.xsl
Severity: fatal
file:/P:/British%20Library/docs/*.xml does not exist

I think you want

  collection('docs?select=*.xml')

see http://saxonica.com/html/documentation/sourcedocs/collections.html