xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Introducing myself to the list

2015-11-21 12:02:13
Just wondering if Saxon/C cannot be invoked within/by JavaScript?

Cheers,
Dimitre

On Sat, Nov 21, 2015 at 6:18 AM, Adam Retter
adam(_dot_)retter(_at_)googlemail(_dot_)com
<xsl-list-service(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
wrote:
As well as the excellent SaxonCE you might like to also look at Frameless.

On 21 Nov 2015 12:37, "G. Ken Holman
g(_dot_)ken(_dot_)holman(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com"

Welcome to the list!

Have you considered experimenting with the Saxon/CE product?

  http://www.saxonica.com/ce/index.xml

This implements client-side XSLT 2.0 in modern browsers.  You will find
XSLT 2.0 far better than XSLT 1.0.

My own experimentation with Saxon/CE is realized on this page I created
for my fellow members of a standards committee:

  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/resources/Crane-UBL-Skeleton/

I, too, use Python as my programming language of choice for anything
non-XML-related.  But if the input is XML I have come to believe XSLT is the
only way to go to process it.  And Saxon/CE means you don't have to give up
on XSLT 2.0 if you need do client-side processing or to create interactive
web sites based on XML content.

I'm confident that if you are interested in XML processing, XSLT will do
wonderful things for you.  I built a career and then retired on the success
of teaching and implementing XSLT and XSL-FO for clients around the world.
It was a wonderful run!

Good luck!

At 2015-11-21 05:31 +0000, Kevin Veroneau kevin(_at_)veroneau(_dot_)net