xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Odd Result-Document Behavior

2015-12-23 11:43:15
Eliot Kimber ekimber(_at_)contrext(_dot_)com wrote:
I?m using Saxon 9.6.0.7 via Oxygen.

I?m using xsl:result-document with @format to generate result documents.
If I use a variable reference in @format the referenced xml:output is
not used. If I replace the variable reference with a string literal I
get the expected output (in both cases the attribute is an attribute
value template).

My initial code is:

<xsl:result-documenthref="{$mapUri}"format="{$mapFormat}?>

Where $mapFormat has the string value ?map? and the ?map? output
declaration is present:

<xsl:paramname="mapFormat"as="xs:string"select="'map'?/>

<xsl:output name="map"
     method="xml"
     doctype-public="-//OASIS//DTD DITA Map//EN"
     doctype-system="map.dtd"
     indent="yes"
/>

When I run this, the output is not used (result document has no DOCTYPE
decl and is not indented).

If I replace format="{$mapFormat}? with format=?{?map?}? then I get the
expected result (DOCTYPE decl, indented markup).

So the only difference is the use of the variable reference. I?ve
verified that $mapFormat has a value:

<xsl:message>+ [DEBUG]
mapFormat="<xsl:sequenceselect="$mapFormat"/>"</xsl:message>

Which produces:

+ [DEBUG] mapFormat=?map"

It seems unlikely that this is a Saxon bug but I?m at a loss as to what
I could be doing wrong to cause this behavior.

What am I missing?

Any chance some part of the stylesheet does e.g. xmlns="http://example.com/ns";, i.e. sets a default namespace? If the result-document instruction is inside code doing that but the xsl:output not, then one would use a name in the namespace while the other would use a name in no namespace.