xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Need Math Help: How to Convert Proportional Column Widths to Real Values?

2016-01-06 08:22:35
Thank you for all your input. It gets tricky without the total width.

Michael, just dumb doubt / clarification. For RestRW, is 'Total', SumRW+SumAW?

On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 11:24 AM, Michael Müller-Hillebrand
mmh(_at_)docufy(_dot_)de
I was looking to do something similar and found this question. In my
case, I don't have the total table column width always. So, if I have
a mixed col width values of 1.38,1.38.1*,1.38, how can I find the real
value for 1*?

As Eliot mentioned, some absolute total value is required. Unless you are
e.g. in an FO environment, where 100% can be seen as the current available
width.

In a more general way I did it something like this:

* Columns without width or just "*" are treated as "1*"
* Calculate the sum of all relative widths (SumRW)
* Calculate the sum of all absolute widths (SumAW)

* Calculate remaining width RestRW := Total - SumAW
  - If it is ≤ 0 we have a problem
  - Else each remaining column width is ColRW / SumRW multiplied with the
RestRW

- Michael