xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Schematron Including Schematron

2016-05-26 14:19:31
Hi [unnamed],

Perhaps you want the Schematron 'include' element, which (from the
sound of it) does what your new element does, except the precompiler
is already built in.

Undoubtedly there are differences, and sch:include may not do
everything you want (specifically, it can include a pattern or rule
but it can't include an entire Schematron) -- but it is unextended
standard Schematron. See http://www.schematron.com/iso/P8.html,
section 5.4.4.

The other issues are hard to say anything about -- and they're off
topic for this mailing list. But then, so is (in general), Schematron
... maybe on the edge only because it is closely tied (in reality if
not in theory) to XSLT.

Cheers, Wendell

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 2:58 PM, Mailing Lists Mail
daktapaal(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com
Dear all,
I am sure people would have had this issue before. want to know how to
resolve the issue of schematron that needs to import another
schematron ..

The issue is when a common set of rules are in many schematrons. I
dont see a way I can do this ..
So I did the following.. Invented a new element with the following structure
<includesch document = "../common.sch" rule-name = "common1"/>

The <includesch> can be added anywhere you want in the main schematron
document..

and I wrote a compiler that should be run before the first compilation
/ THis precompiler will bring the rule from the common document and
append it into my main document, where I had added the <includesch>

This works fine within the altova environment but fails within my Java
environment , as my environment comes up with issues with class path
etc, and it does not find the common.sch.. I have asked the Java
developers to look into the class path and why common.sch is being
looked in a different location. In the meantime, I wanted to know, if
this is the right approach, or if there is some element within the
schematron library that I can use.

May be there is and I am not finding it, may be I am not looking in
the right place.

May be there is any other approach for this?

Your help will be appreciated.

XML | XSLT | electronic publishing
Eat Your Vegetables