xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Saxon-CE -- How to get Transform Results into a JS Variable?

2016-06-28 09:43:01
If you have the results in an XSLT variable, then I think you should be able to
pass this to Javascript code as an argument of an ixsl:call(), or you could
write it as a property of a Javascript object using ixsl:set-property.

Incidentally, we're quite close now to shipping a first version of Saxon-JS,
which will be a replacement for Saxon-CE written in pure Javascript. The
interfaces between XSLT and JS will probably be quite similar.

Michael Kay
Saxonica

On 28 Jun 2016, at 15:25, Chris Despopoulos
despopoulos_chriss(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com

Hi all...

I understand that you can give Saxon-CS a resultDocument in the transform
file, and the transform results show up appended to or replacing the
specified HTML element.  But I need to transform XML into JSON and pass that
to different methods.  Up to now I've been using the browser's XSLT engine to
do this.  I'd love to use Saxon-CE...  Is there a reasonable way to get the
results into a variable?

(PS...  Please don't tell me that I don't really want to get the results into
a variable.  I understand the temptation to give that as an answer.)

Thanks           cud
XSL-List info and archive <http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list>
EasyUnsubscribe <-list/293509> (by email <>)