xsl-list

[xsl] Global Variables in streaming xslts

2016-08-15 10:46:27
Dear All..
I have some.more questions

1. How do we get the global Xpaths.. That can be used else where.

  example: I want to know somewhere in some template the value of some
other element : for example  In Amphibian template definition, I want to
know if  WaterSpeciesDisplayIndicator is set to true :

 Code:

  <xsl:transform version="3.0" xmlns:xsl="
http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; xmlns:saxon="http://saxon.sf.net/";
xmlns:multiclass="http://www.csp.com/Securitization/csp-multiclass";
xmlns:mismo="http://www.mismo.org/residential/2009/schemas";>

            <xsl:mode name="stream" streamable="yes"
on-no-match="shallow-copy"/>

            <xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes"/>

           <xsl:variable name="WaterSpeciesDisplayIndicator"
select="/*:UniverseKingdom/*:DisplayIndicators/*:WaterSpeciesDisplayIndicator
= 'true'"/>

            <xsl:template match="/">

   <xsl:stream href="UniverseKingdom.xml">

         <xsl:apply-templates mode="stream"/>
                        </xsl:stream>
            </xsl:template>

            <xsl:template match="*:Amphibian">

 <xsl:if test = "$WaterSpeciesDisplayIndicator"> <xsl:copy-of select =
"."/>
</xsl:if>

            </xsl:template>

            I know that GLobal parameters will not work because the
variables probably doesnt know the XML we are streaming at the time of
declaration. I also know that from the template match for Amphibian, I can
not get to the xpath of
/*:UniverseKingdom/*:DisplayIndicators/*:WaterSpeciesDisplayIndicator.

           I am not sure how else I should be getting the
WaterSpeciesDisplayIndicator Value

Thanks