xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Deepest element in the tree

2016-08-24 15:01:24
As I look at this, I don't think my subject line is quite accurate. I
actually need the deepest element on the last branch. See even if the
element.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Quatro rick(_at_)rickquatro(_dot_)com
[mailto:xsl-list-service(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 3:47 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Deepest element in the tree

Hi,

I am trying to find the deepest, last element in an xml file. When I use
this xpath 1.0 statement:

//*[last()]

it returns all nine of the last elements. I want to get the <p>4</p> element
because it is the last of the last. Note that I don't know ahead of time
what element name it will be. I tried this

//*[last()][last()]

but it still returns all of them. Any help would be appreciated. Here is my
xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<topic>
            <ul>