xsl-list

[xsl] Scraping to Analyze Structure

2016-08-29 18:25:06
Hi XSL List,

I am hoping to improve our test automation built on Selenium. The xpath to
elements in our tests is complicated. Any changes break the workflow and
fixing the xpath is manual process and slow.

If, in the process of running a test, if the web page was scrapped and put
into an xml file, or even a text file, with xpath to all inputs and other
controls, differences could be reported, and those differences might even
be able to be cut and pasted to fix the test in the next update.

In any case, processing this way could rationalize / normalize the xpath to
all controls.  This way, developers don't have to keep deciphering when
pages change.

Has anyone here seen something like this? It would seem to be something
xslt was made for.

Best,
Hank

--