xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSLT 2nd Edition : Appendix F

2016-11-10 09:40:49
Hi Michael,
   Thanks for your reply. Its very insightful.

with best regards,
Mukul gandhi

On 9 November 2016 at 20:24, Michael Kay mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com <
xsl-list-service(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com> wrote:

The changes to the XSLT part of JAXP have been very modest over the years.
There's a two-argument form of TransformerFactory.getInstance(), and
there are clarifications to the Javadoc descriptions of some methods
[often, sadly, just documenting the bugs in the Xalan implementation ;-)],
and I think that's about it. They added Transformer.reset() at some stage,
but I've never been sure why, because it's much better to simply allocate a
new transformer.

The specs have never been updated to XSLT 2.0, and they have never tackled
the interoperability problems caused by the weak typing on interfaces like
Transformer.setParameter().

Michael Kay
Saxonica

On 9 Nov 2016, at 14:13, Mukul Gandhi gandhi(_dot_)mukul(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com
<
xsl-list-service(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com> wrote:

I'm fortunate to read Michael Kay's book XSLT 2nd Edition (XSLT 1.0
version). I've also read a lot of his XSLT 2.0 book as well. This is with
reference to Appendix F (TrAX & JAXP 1.1 references in it) of Mike's XSLT
1.0 book.

Is anyone aware of the differences between JAXP 1.1 and latest version of
JAXP (which is 1.4 I think)? The TrAX and JAXP 1.1 topics in Mike's book
are very well explained, and it gives me a feeling that much of the
description in this Appendix would also apply to JAXP 1.4. Any thoughts?

with best regards,
Mukul gandhi
XSL-List info and archive <http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list>

EasyUnsubscribe <-list/2709226> (by