xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Cannot mix nodes and atomic values - how comes?

2016-11-14 03:58:28
Am 12.11.2016 um 14:07 schrieb Mukul Gandhi
gandhi(_dot_)mukul(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com
<mailto:gandhi(_dot_)mukul(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
<xsl-list-service(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
<mailto:xsl-list-service(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>>:

The idea I've illustrated is, getting a default value of an attribute from an
XSD Schema document (which is accessible from an XSLT stylesheet in a schema
aware transformation scenario).

Thanks a lot for your comments.

In our situation a default attribute value is not something we want to have in
the DTD or XML Schema, because then it would be stored in the XML instance
sooner or later.

As an example, take e.g. the CALS table cell attributes @rowsep and @colsep:
They may be set to "0" | "1" (or: "no" | "yes") to explicitly turn off or on
the respective cell border. If not set, the settings from the row or colspec
are used. In such a situation a stored default value would not be useful,
because there is an indeterminate third status. But in a certain transformation
you may have an effective default value. That is what we have been using here.

- Michael