xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Streaming and grouping in XSLT 3.0

2017-03-21 06:20:00
On 21.03.2017 11:44, Martynas Jusevičius martynas(_at_)graphity(_dot_)org wrote:

Now my question is, how do I even begin analyzing the streamability of
this approach in XSLT 3.0? I guess my main concern is that such
grouping would not be streamable, but maybe there are other solutions?

As the stylesheet uses keys/Muenchian grouping it is true that keys can't be used with streaming in XSLT 3.0. However a
  <xsl:fork>
    <xsl:for-each-group select="*[@rdf:about]" group-by="@rdf:about">
is streamable as far as I understand it.

On the other hand your post has not made it clear to me whether you want to use streaming XSLT 3.0 because the XML input is so huge that the normal XSLT 2.0 processing with an in-memory tree built first does not work (which is a use case for XSLT 3.0 streaming) or whether somehow your input is streamed.