xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSLT site

2017-07-02 07:08:25
Hello Mukul,

I always kept a link to your page regarding static XSLT quality tool, and moved
some of the rules into my own Schematron ruleset. As OxygenXML now also has
some quality rules implemented I think it is worth exploring this path. E.g.
with XSLT packages it becomes even more important to follow some coding rules.

Regarding a lot of the other content, there is way too much XSLT 1 stuff in
there. Just during the last two or three weeks I was coaching a new colleague
into XSLT, and only when we were leaving the simple element/attribute name
changes behind us and started using xsl:function and took advantage of clever
XPath features, he started to accept XSLT as a "proper" programming language.
Having said that, I would suggest to remove all of that ancient stuff and then
have a look at the rest.

In general, I think there are some new XSLT 3 concepts that deserve some
tutorials.

Thanks a lot for your contributions,

- Michael

Am 02.07.2017 um 09:42 schrieb Mukul Gandhi
gandhi(_dot_)mukul(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com
<xsl-list-service(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>:

Hello,
   There was a time, when I was heavily involved with XSLT.

I had created this web site related to XSLT,
http://gandhimukul.tripod.com/xslt/index.html

This hasn't been updated in a while.

Looking at this site, can anyone suggest if this site is still valuable? I
can start adding information to this, containing information related to XSLT
3.0 since its now a W3C REC.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi