xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Processing approach

2017-07-17 22:48:00
Please show us some input and desired output that capture the essence of the
problem, and give enough information so we can see how one derives from the
other. Then show us your best attempt at solving the problem. Your current
logic sounds really contorted and you may find that people suggest tackling it
in a completely different way.

Michael Kay
Saxonica

On 18 Jul 2017, at 00:39, Joseph L. Casale
jcasale(_at_)activenetwerx(_dot_)com

I am processing an xml doc where a template adds some elements at
one point in the tree. While doing this, it generates a variable that I also
use at another location in the tree. Rather than regenerate the variable
and introduce a chance for breakage in the future, is there a more efficient
approach for processing the alternate node without selecting that node
and calling a template on it which needs to copy it? I need to call this same
template several times?

Thanks,
jlc