xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Is the context node accessible from within a called template ?

2017-08-01 11:00:14

An xsl:call-template does not change the context node, of course using
an xsl:for-each for instance inside the called template then would.

Thank you.
Ok, that confirms what I should expect.
I'm not using for-each in this area so that shouldn't be an issue.

You
haven't provided a minimal but complete sample of XSLT, XML, output you
want and output or error you get to allow us to tell what fails and why.

No, indeed I didn't.  At this stage I just wanted to confirm whether I ought to
be expecting it to work (yes), or whether I should be taking a different tack.
Having done so I will look more carefully at what I've done and if I can't make
progress then I'll send a (non-)working example.

Regards,
Richard.
Atos, Atos Consulting, Worldline and Canopy The Open Cloud Company are trading
names used by the Atos group. The following trading entities are registered in
England and Wales: Atos IT Services UK Limited (registered number 01245534),
Atos Consulting Limited (registered number 04312380), Atos Worldline UK Limited
(registered number 08514184) and Canopy The Open Cloud Company Limited
(registration number 08011902). The registered office for each is at 4 Triton
Square, Regent’s Place, London, NW1 3HG.The VAT No. for each is: GB232327983.

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for
the addressee, and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you
receive this e-mail in error, you are not authorised to copy, disclose, use or
retain it. Please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your
systems. As emails may be intercepted, amended or lost, they are not secure.
Atos therefore can accept no liability for any errors or their content.
Although Atos endeavours to maintain a virus-free network, we do not warrant
that this transmission is virus-free and can accept no liability for any
damages resulting from any virus transmitted. The risks are deemed to be
accepted by everyone who communicates with Atos by email.