xsl-list

[xsl] sorting question

2017-10-24 10:50:36
Dear colleagues,

I've got a question concerning xsl:sort.

I deal with TEI files and try to process <index> (and other) entries in
order to generate an index. I apply the following <xsl:sort>:

<xsl:sort lang="de"
collation="http://saxon.sf.net/collation?lang=de;alphanumeric=yes";
select="."/>

Now I face the problem that longer entries are sorted *before* shorter
ones although shorter should mean "more general" and thus it would be
preferable to have them listed first.

e.g.:
- Lübeck, Stadtrat
- Lübeck

Am I doing something wrong? Should I use another collation? Do I have to
deal with the special characters like commas etc?

BTW, I'm using Oxygen 17.1 and Saxon-HE 9.6.0.7.

Curious, best,
Torsten

--
Torsten Schassan - Digitale Editionen, Abteilung Handschriften und
Sondersammlungen