xsl-list

Re: [xsl] That's a wrap!

2018-01-04 12:00:52
On 04.01.2018 18:47, Charles O'Connor coconnor(_at_)ariessys(_dot_)com wrote:

That is, all the stuff I want wrapped is wrapped, but it's also repeated. I
don't understand why

         <xsl:apply-templates
select="./node()[not(string-name|collab|etal)]"></xsl:apply-templates>

(and the many variations of the same I've tried) does not exclude those
elements.

./node() selects all child nodes and your predicate then checks the selected child node does not have string-name or collab or etal child elements.

You rather want
  select="node() except (string-name, collab, etal)"

How do I exclude them? A bonus would be to know how to preserve the punctuation and spaces
between the <string-name> (and <collab> and <etal>) elements.

Can you explain what is supposed to happen if a mixed-citation has those elements mixed with other elements you don't want to wrap, e.g.
  <mixed-citation>
    <string-name>...</string-name>
    <article-title>...</article-title>
    <string-name>...</string-name>
  </mixed-citation>
do you want to wrap both string-name elements into the same parent?