xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Hints on http POST

2018-02-02 11:55:58
Hi Wendell,

I wish I had the answer, as there are situations where being able to make
non-trivial HTTP calls from within XSLT would be useful.

I can offer what has worked for me, which is essentially to use XQuery to run
the XSLT and make the HTTP requests. Have a look at
http://docs.basex.org/wiki/HTTP_Module and
http://docs.basex.org/wiki/XSLT_Module for BaseX (other products have similar
capability). It is fairly easy to write a query that pipelines the XSLT and
HTTP request.

This is kind of a workaround rather than an exact answer to your question.

Vincent

From: Wendell Piez wapiez(_at_)wendellpiez(_dot_)com
[mailto:xsl-list-service(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com]
Sent: Friday, February 02, 2018 12:36 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Hints on http POST

XSL friends,

I have a need to procure a little bit of XML from a web service
running locally. To get it (once) from curl is easy:

curl -X POST -d "My string goes in here" localhost:8888/do/me

But I need to call it many many times, which I would naturally like to
do from inside my transformation.

Does anyone have any neat hints of how to do this under unextended (or
openly extended) XSLT 3.0?

I might also consider XProc except as I said this is very granular, a
natural for XSLT.

Many thanks,
Wendell

--