xsl-list

Re: [xsl] JSON to XML using XSLT 3.0 representation

2019-05-01 08:51:13
JSON2XML conveter now available as a Docker image atomgraph/json2xml

Example:

    cat city-distances.json | docker run -i -a stdin -a stdout -a
stderr atomgraph/json2xml > city-distances.xml

https://hub.docker.com/r/atomgraph/json2xml/

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 6:58 AM Mukul Gandhi
gandhi(_dot_)mukul(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com

Hi Martynas,
    Looks like nice work. I'll be waiting for releases (currently it shows 0
releases), to try.

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 4:25 AM Martynas Jusevičius
martynas(_at_)atomgraph(_dot_)com

Hi all,

I wanted to share a small utility I've created for our XML pipeline:
https://github.com/AtomGraph/JSON2XML

It is a streaming JSON to XML converter. It reads any JSON data and
produces XML Representation of JSON specified in XSLT 3.0 [1].

JSON2XML enables JSON transformation with XSLT even without having an
XSLT 3.0 processor. You can simply pre-process the data by having
JSON2XML before the transformation, and pipeline it into an XSLT 2.0
stylesheet, for example. That way your stylesheet stays forward
compatible with XSLT 3.0, as the XML representation is exactly the
same.

Admittedly I haven't done much testing, but I'm going to put into use
next month. The sample from the specification works :) The conversion
code is quite straightforward.

Also planning to create a Docker container out of it.

Feedback and pull requests are welcome.

[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/xslt-30/#json-to-xml-mapping

Martynas
atomgraph.com