xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Dynamic DTD declaration in output

2019-05-15 02:06:22
In XSLT 2.0 you can do:

<xsl:template match="/">
  <xsl:result-document doctype-system="{$DefaultDTDPath}" method="xml"
encoding="utf-8">
  </xsl:result-document>
</xsl:template>

Michael Kay
Saxonica

On 15 May 2019, at 06:45, Trevor Nicholls
trevor(_at_)castingthevoid(_dot_)com

Hi

I've got a simple stylesheet which is executed as a pre-process when XML
documents are loaded into FrameMaker. At the moment the stylesheet includes
the line

    <xsl:output doctype-system="/path/to/docs.dtd" method="xml"
encoding="UTF-8" />

Because this stylesheet will be used by different users in several different
contexts, it would be brilliant if the path to the DTD could be
parameterised. I know the following is invalid but the purpose of this post
is to ask if there is any way of engineering an equivalent:

    <xsl:param name="DefaultDTDPath" />
    <xsl:output doctype-system="{$DefaultDTDPath}" method="xml"
encoding="UTF-8" />

XSL version has to be 1.0 or 2.0.

Thanks

email <>)