xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Re: XPath expression that yields the same result as xsl:for-each-group?

2019-05-30 13:41:55
On 30.05.2019 20:35, Costello, Roger L. costello(_at_)mitre(_dot_)org wrote:

let $keys :=
     distinct-values(/Test/row/concat(ARPT__IDENT, '|', TRM__IDENT))
return
     for $i in $keys
     return
         array { /Test/row[$i = concat(ARPT__IDENT, '|', TRM__IDENT)] }

However ..... when I open the XML document in Oxygen and type the XPath
expression in the XPath/XQuery Builder, I get this message:

        "The XPath query returned no results"

Why is that?

Which version of oXygen with which XPath engine exactly?

Is Martin's XPath expression a pure XPath expression?

It is an XPath 3.1 expression returning a sequence of arrays, not sure
whether oXygen's XPath builder is prepared to display such a result or
whether it is only able to deal with XPath 3 types like documents or
sequences of primitive values.